A Complete Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Solution
IT organizations are continuously challenged with protecting business-critical applications and data against various causes of downtime. VMware delivers a comprehensive, integrated portfolio of business continuity and disaster recovery solutions that provides high availability, data protection and disaster recovery.
Protect Your Applications and Data
VMware solutions for business continuity and disaster recovery can protect you from planned and unplanned downtime simply affordably.
Simple and Reliable Disaster Recovery for all your Applications
With traditional disaster recovery solutions, businesses have to figure out what their budget can support and make tough decisions about which applications will not be covered. This process has been simplified thanks to the virtualization of IT resources and the advent of disaster recovery offerings via private and public clouds. Disaster recovery solutions are now both easy to manage and affordable, allowing for increased disaster recovery protection for all applications.
- Private cloud disaster recovery
- Cloud-based disaster recovery as a service
- A dual approach to disaster recovery that leverages both private cloud and disaster recovery as a service.
VMware provides you with better flexibility to protect your business critical information in VMWare vSphere environments whether you choose to build your own solution or subscribe to disaster recovery services.
Private Cloud Disaster Recovery
For organizations that would like to build out their own private clouds for disaster recovery, VMware offers a portfolio of products that includes replication and disaster recovery orchestration, as well as a hyper-converged infrastructure solution to further simplify and reduce the costs of implementing a disaster recovery solution.
- VMware vSAN, a key component of VMware Hyper-Converged Software, brings the benefits of hyper-converged infrastructure and software-defined data center to storage. By clustering server hard disk and solid state drives, vSAN creates a flash-optimized, highly resilient shared datastore designed for virtual environments.
- VMware vSphere Replication is a flexible and easy-to-use replication technology that is configured and managed at the virtual machine level, making it storage independent and an enabler of data mobility between heterogeneous storage systems.
- VMware Site Recovery Manager provides automated orchestration and non-disruptive testing of centralized recovery plans to simplify disaster recovery management for all your virtualized applications.
Disaster Recovery-as-a Service
Disaster recovery-as-a-service solutions allow you to avoid the costs of purchasing the infrastructure and software needed for a secondary or tertiary disaster recovery site and to pay for your disaster recovery solution out of your operating budget.
- VMware vCloud Air Disaster Recovery is a recovery-as-a-service solution owned and operated by VMware, that offers native cloud-based disaster recovery capabilities for vSphere environments. The service leverages vSphere Replication to provide robust, asynchronous replication capabilities at the hypervisor layer.