CalHFA supports the needs of renters and homebuyers
What’s New at CalHFA
- Program Bulletin #2017-13 – Proposed Federal Tax Reform and the Uncertainty of Mortgage Credit Certificate Program
- Press Release 2017-11-09 – CalHFA Launches New Path to Homeownership for Service Members and Veterans
- Video – Cal-EEM + Grant helps homebuyers with $24,000 of energy upgrades
- Press Release 2017-10-03 – CalHFA Increases Access to Manufactured Home Loans
- Program Bulletin #2017-12 – Closing Document Revisions for MyHome Assistance Program and Extra Credit Teacher Home Purchase Program (ECTP) when combined with a CalHFA Government Insured/Guaranteed First Mortgage
- Program Bulletin #2017-11 – CalHFA Launches New CalHFA VA Loan Program
- Press Release 2017-09-14 – Michael Carroll is CalHFA s New Director of Multifamily Programs
- Program Bulletin #2017-10 – Updated Sales Price Limits
- Program Bulletin #2017-09 – Updated Income Limits for all CalHFA Conventional and FHA Loan First Mortgage Programs
- Program Bulletin #2017-08 – Updates to Manufactured Housing Guidelines for All CalHFA FHA Loan Programs
- Press Release 2017-07-11 – CalHFA Helps Hundreds with Free Homebuyer Education
- Program Bulletin #2017-07 – Escrow Holdbacks Allowed and Name Change for the Notice of Conditional Approval
- Get to know CalHFA and our programs by viewing our Video Library.
- Enews announcements can be found on our Archived Page.
Hardship Foreclosure Assistance
- Keep Your Home California programs are designed for homeowners who are struggling to pay their mortgages.
- The Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is available on loans owned by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. If these loans were insured by the California Housing Loan Insurance Fund they may be eligible to have existing mortgage insurance transferred to a new refinance loan.
- The California Victims Compensation Board is available to help California victims of the October 1 shooting in Las Vegas. If you’ve lost a family member, been injured or attended the Route 91 Harvest Festival where this terrible tragedy occurred on Sunday night, CalVCB can provide financial assistance. Visit the California Victims Compensation Board website and news release for more information.
- Public Notice: Environmental Assessment For Whittier Downey SE Apartments (300 MB)
- Public Notice: Environmental Assessment For North San Pedro Studios
- Public Notice: 2017 Mortgage Credit Certificate Program
- Veterans Housing and Homelessness Prevention Program (VHHP)
- 2014 California Affordable Housing Cost Study
- Language Access Complaint Form /Formulario de queja de acceso por idioma