#best pet insurance
Choosing the Best Pet Insurance Company Part 1
Insurance is a unique product because it’s something you pay for but hope never to actually use and sourcing the best pet insurance policy will take time. This may be one reason why far too many people still take the risk of not insuring their pets. However, the fact is that pet owners can be hit with very expensive veterinary bills if their beloved dog, horse or parrot falls seriously ill and requires significant intervention such as complex surgery.
Pet health insurance has been around for a long time and is increasing in popularity as more people realize the need to obtain cover for an animal that is an important member of their family. Unlike other areas of insurance such as autos or the home, there is still surprisingly little choice in the pet insurance market. However, a small nucleus of providers have paved the way for subsequent providers, and they all usually offer coverage along the lines of private health insurance for people to include accident costs as well as illness.
As with any product, you do need to check carefully what is actually covered by the policy. The following list outlines some of the main things to check in order to ensure you get hold of the best pet insurance:
• The all-important premium price: is it cheaper to pay monthly or annually?
• Caps on some or all policy benefits
• Coverage of pre-existing conditions
• Any exclusions for particular diseases such as cancer
• Age or size limits of pets
• Discounts for employees of particular firms, multi-pet coverage or non-claims
• Coverage of elective treatments such as sterilization
• Check customer satisfaction rating on the internet