#cheap car insurance rate
Compare Car Insurance Quotes to Get the Lowest Rates in Quebec
When it comes to scenic driving, it’s hard to beat La Belle Province! Quebecers can also boast about their cheap auto insurance rates, which are currently the lowest in the country.
But just because premiums are reasonable in Quebec doesn’t mean drivers in this province can’t save money by comparing auto insurance quotes online. Quebecers can quickly take the guesswork out of their car insurance premiums by using an online rate comparison site like LowestRates.ca.
It’s also a good idea for Quebec drivers to have a grasp on the ins and outs of car insurance in the province – below is some key information to keep in mind as you shop.
How do car insurance comparison sites work anyway?
Insurance comparison websites like LowestRates.ca simply take your driver information and, using propriety technology, generate and rank the best quotes available from all the top auto insurance companies across Quebec. Once you select your quote, one of our insurance brokers will lock in your rate with the insurer and help you get set up with your new policy. The entire process only takes a matter of minutes. Not only will you save time and money – you’ll also have the satisfaction of knowing you got the cheapest car insurance rate available!
Online comparison sites allow Quebec drivers to quickly and accurately find the best auto insurance quotes from all the top insurers.
Who sets auto insurance rates in Quebec?
In the province of Quebec, auto insurance rates for the property damage portion of the policy are set by individual insurers. A government agency called the Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec sets rates for the personal injury portion of auto insurance coverage.
All auto insurers doing business in Quebec are members of the Groupement des assureurs automobiles (GAA). The GAA ensures that Quebec drivers have access to fair rates, using two important tools – the Automobile Statistical Plan and the Fichier central des sinistres automobiles.
What are the factors that determine auto insurance rates in Quebec?
Auto insurance rates in Quebec are determined by a number of factors, including:
- Your age and gender
- Your driving record and vehicle usage in QC
- Whether or not you have taken a driver’s education course
- How long you have held a driver’s licence
- Whether or not you have committed any violations of the Highway Safety Code
- Whether or not you have been in or caused an accident
- The number of miles you put on your vehicle
- Whether or not you use your vehicle for business
How can I get cheap auto insurance in Quebec?
There are many ways to get cheap car insurance in Quebec, including:
- Comparing quotes among competing insurers
- Maintaining a good driving history (always drive carefully and obey the rules of the road)
- Choosing appropriate, but not excessive, insurance coverage
- Choosing a car with low repair costs and/or a great safety record
- Paying premiums on time
- Bundling your home insurance with your auto insurance
- Using winter tires when needed (some insurers offer discounts)
- Insuring all your vehicles with the same company
How do Quebec auto insurance rates compare to other provinces?
Since 2009, Quebec residents have consistently paid the lowest average auto insurance premiums in Canada. A 2011 study determined that Quebec drivers pay an average of only $642 a year for auto insurance – that’s about half the cost of a comparable policy in Ontario or BC.