Debt consolidation loans
All your debts in one manageable loan
If you’ve borrowed from different lenders, a debt consolidation loan could help you take control of your finances and keep track of your money.
Loans are subject to status. Early settlement fees apply.
✔ Manage your debts with just one loan 1
✔ Quick and easy application
✔ Personal price quote – with no credit footprint 2
0 APR Representative
over 2-5 years. (Your rate may differ 3 )
Take control of your debt with a Barclayloan
Having just one loan could be more straightforward and easier to manage than a number of payments to different lenders.
But it’s worth noting that consolidating debts might involve payment of a higher rate of interest or charges – or both. Consolidating debts might also increase the overall period required for repayment.
Debt consolidation overview
Discover your loan rate without affecting your credit score
Knowing how much you can borrow really helps when consolidating your debt. And, unlike some other lenders, in many cases we can give you a personalised price quote up front – without impacting your credit score. To find your loan rate, simply log in to Online Banking or Barclays Mobile Banking, if you’re registered 2 .
You could get your money straightaway
It’s quick and easy to apply and, if your loan application is approved and you’ve signed your loan agreement online, the debt consolidation money is usually transferred to your current account within a few minutes 4 .
If you take out a Barclayloan and another lender offers you a like-for-like unsecured loan with a lower APR, you can claim under our guarantee – within 30 days of the date we signed your Barclayloan agreement.
We’ll reduce the interest rate to produce an APR equal to the competing offer and recalculate your monthly repayments to reflect the reduced interest rate. Please read our full price guarantee terms and conditions.
Fixed monthly repayment
This could help you budget.
Choose your payment term
Depending on the loan amount.
Already have a Barclayloan and need more funds? You can apply to increase your borrowing with us.
If you just want to take out a second loan instead of topping up, that could be an option too.
Repaying your loan early
You have the right to repay your loan early, in part or full, at any time. We’ll charge a fee equal to 30 days’ interest on the amount you’re repaying, as well as any other interest that’s due.
To apply online, you’ll need to:
✔ A Barclays current or savings account, mortgage or Barclaycard
✔ To be aged 18 or above
You can use your loan for almost anything, apart from:
- Business reasons
- Investments, including buying stocks and shares
- Purchasing property (home improvements are fine)
- Gambling-related expenses
- Repaying CCJs (county court judgments)
- A purchase made by combining this loan with any others
Resume an application
If you’ve already started a loan application and have saved your progress, it’s easy to pick up where you left off.
If you applied via Online Banking
Log in to Online Banking here, and we’ll take you straight to your saved application.
If you used our online application form
If you started your application via our online form, we’ll have sent you an email with your reference number. You can enter the number here.
Our lending commitments and what we ask of you
As a lender, we have a responsibility to act fairly and as part of this we have committed to follow the Standards of Lending Practice. This note sets out some of our key responsibilities and what we ask of you, to ensure that the relationship works well for both of us.
- We will lend responsibly and aim to provide a product that is affordable for you.
- We will provide you with information about our products and services and how they work, in a clear and understandable way, so that you can decide what’s best for you and your needs.
- We will endeavour to make sure our products and services offer, wherever possible, the flexibility to meet your needs.
- We will treat you fairly and reasonably at all times and make sure that you are provided with a high level of service.
- If you tell us about any inaccuracies, for example around the personal information we hold about you, we will act quickly to put it right.
- We will always aim to help you if we see, or you tell us, that you are having trouble financially. We will seek to understand your overall circumstances, try and identify options that you can afford and where appropriate, provide a reference to free debt advice.
What we ask of you
- We ask you to think carefully about whether you can afford to repay the money you want to borrow and to be open in your dealings with us.
- Take care of any cards, PINs, online log-in details and other security information to help prevent fraud and help us to protect your accounts.
- Tell us as soon as possible if your card has been lost or stolen, or if you know or suspect someone is misusing your confidential information e.g. your PIN or online log-in details.
- Carefully check your account statements to make sure they are accurate. If anything isn’t right, please get in touch with us.
Please let us know if
- Your contact details change, so we can keep our records up to date.
- Your circumstances change, particularly if what’s happened is likely to cause you difficulties in managing your account or financial problems.
- You think that you won’t be able to keep up with your repayments. The sooner you do this, the more likely it is we’ll be able to find a way to help you.
We would also encourage you to refer to the terms and conditions associated with your current account, credit card or personal loan.