Enroll now – TCC Summer – Fall 2017 classes #how #to #enroll #in #online #college


It’s not too late to take a summer class at TCC!

Summer 2017 Sessions

6-Week Session (second)
  • Classes run July 5 to August 15, 2017
  • Register by July 7, 2017
Dynamic Session

For added convenience, TCC offers classes with variable start dates and durations. Here are just a few examples:

  • College Composition I (ENG 111) – Section N11C-LEC (17790) – 6/6/17 – 8/1/17 – 3 credits
  • Automotive Climate Control (AUT 236) Section N089-LEC (25351) – 7/5/17 – 8/8/17 – 3 credits
  • Nurse Aide I (NUR 27) Section: D02P-LEC (27374) – 7/17/17 – 8/1/17 – 4 credits

Fall 2017 Sessions

16-Week Regular Session

  • Classes run August 21 to December 15, 2017
  • Register by August 28, 2017
  • Classes run September 11 to December 8, 2017
  • Register by September 15, 2017
  • Classes run August 21 to October 16, 2017
  • Register by August 23, 2017
  • Classes run October 18 to December 15, 2017
  • Register by October 19, 2017

How to enroll in classes

Remember, you can register for classes online 24/7.

  1. First, log into SIS .
  2. Click on “Class Search” in the left navigation
  3. Select a subject and campus
  4. Select “2017 Summer” or “2017 Fall” as the term
  5. Click “Search”
  6. Proceed with enrollment

TCC enrollment tips

  • Enrollment deadlines can be found in the academic calendar .
  • For assistance with enrollment, contact the Enrollment Services Office on your campus. Contact information is below.
  • Consult an academic counselor or advisor before making enrollment changes, such as switching majors.
Important contacts

Need help? We re here for you

Enrollment FAQs

You may not register if you have an academic or administrative hold on your account.

  • An academic hold is due to academic suspension or dismissal. You must be granted readmission.
  • An administrative hold results from unpaid library charges, financial aid overpayments or other student debts. You may not register until your record is cleared.

The full-time course load is 12 to 18 credit hours. As a rule, one credit hour of course work requires at least two hours of study outside of class each week.

You should consult with an Enrollment Services counselor or advisor to plan an academic load that is compatible with your work schedule and other responsibilities.

Students who wish to take more than 18 credit hours must obtain the approval of the campus provost or designee.

Adding a course means enrolling in a new course during the published add/drop period. Students may need special permission from a professor and academic dean to add a course after the first class meeting.

Students may drop a course and receive a refund up until the last day to drop for a tuition refund as noted on the academic calendar .

Students who change their mind about taking a course must drop the course and process the drop online through SIS. Otherwise, the student will be charged for the course and may receive a failing grade.

Using financial aid? Speak with a financial aid advisor before making adjustments to your schedule.

If you drop a course after the last day for a tuition refund, you are withdrawing and you will receive a grade of W.

There is also a deadline by which you must withdraw to avoid academic penalty. After that date, students receive a failing grade of F or U if they withdraw or are administratively withdrawn from a course. (The college reserves the right to withdraw a student for just cause.)

Exceptions to this policy may be made if all of the following conditions are met:

  • The instructor initiates a withdrawal approved by the academic dean.
  • The student is able to document mitigating circumstances, such as illness.
  • The student was making satisfactory progress in the course.

The effective withdrawal date is when the request is processed by the college. If a student is administratively withdrawn from a course, the effective withdrawal date is the last day the student attended class as reported by the instructor.

Do not stop attending college without officially withdrawing from all classes. Failure to properly withdraw from college may result in the assignment of F or U grade(s) to your permanent record. Please see a counselor or an academic advisor to consider options before withdrawing from college.

Auditing means you are attending class without taking exams or receiving academic credit.

Audited courses are not counted as part of your academic load when your enrollment status is reported to the Financial Aid office, Department of Veterans Affairs or another third party.

To audit a course, you must

  • apply to become a TCC student and obtain your student ID number
  • use the class search tool to find your class
  • obtain permission from the appropriate academic dean or designee on the campus where the course is taught. Download petition form (PDF)
  • register for the course through the Student Information System or at any Enrollment Services office listed below and pay full tuition.

To change the status of a course from audit to credit, or from credit to audit, students must complete the change by the drop/add deadline for a 16-week semester or 10-week summer session.

Students wishing to enroll through the Virginia Tidewater Consortium for Higher Education should submit the Student Cross-Registration form, with the home institution information completed, to the Enrollment Services Office on the campus of the course.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *