#cheap auto insurance
Get Really Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes In 8 Minutes
Save $100s by getting and comparing quotes from reputable insurers in the quote boxes below. To save even much more (up to 50%), apply the following tips (The tips here are such that you can implement right away and start enjoying cheaper rates as soon as possible).
1. Choose a very high deductible amount. Choose the highest amount available and you’ll get the lowest quote possible given your present situation. However, you must bear in mind that you’d have to contribute this amount whenever you file a claim.
This means that you’ll have to make provision for your deductible amount beforehand. You don’t want to throw yourself off balance in the future simply because you want to make savings today.
However, if you are in a situation where you only need legal insurance (coverage just to stay on the right side of the law), then you can go ahead and choose the highest deductible even if you have no plans to provide it.
2. Are you just shopping for a new vehicle? Then it will do you much good if you go for a vehicle that is considered insurance-friendly. What makes a vehicle insurance friendly? Consider things like high safety rating, low theft rate, low replacement cost and low purchase price.
3. You can help yourself by taking part in driver improvement programs. Such programs help you get a discount. I personally recommend that you become certified as a defensive driver (especially if you have had issues with your driving history). Becoming a certified defensive driver improves your standing with your insurer.
4. Take advantage of a multi-policy discount. That is, if you plan to buy more than one policy, buy them all from one insurer and you’ll definitely get a discount.
5. Do you have more than one vehicle? If so, then you can take advantage of the multi-vehicle discount. All you have to do is insure all your vehicles (or at least, two of them) with the same insurer.
6. Get an umbrella policy and cut down the liability part of your auto insurance policy to the barest minimum required by law in your state.
Per premium dollar spent, you get far more coverage with an umbrella policy that with increasing the liability part of your auto policy. Also, note that an umbrella policy gives you protection from all liability issues up to your coverage amount. It extends into home liability issues and isn’t restricted to one area only. To appreciate the power of this policy, discuss with your agent.
7. You can’t miss this if you want to get a really low premium: Get and compare rate quotes from a wide range of reputable insurers that are licensed to do business in your state.
You can start comparing quotes right away with the quote box below. However, if you still want many more savings tips, check these other articles .