#pet insurance cost
Sixty-two percent of U.S. households own a pet, 1 and when veterinary expenses occur, it can put a strain on finances.
Offering access to group voluntary pet insurance in the workplace is a convenient, easy way to provide peace of mind to employees while enhancing the competitiveness of an employer’s overall benefits package.
The Right Solutions
The pet insurance plan, provided through Veterinary Pet Insurance ®. is available as an additional benefit when you offer another MetLife product. 2 This valuable coverage allows pet owners to visit any licensed veterinarian worldwide, with the advantage of discounted rates by enrolling through their employer.
Wide Range of Protection Available:
- Medical and Wellness Plans:
- Major medical plan Medical plan VPI pet wellness basics CareGuard ® wellness rider
- Injury plan Feline select ® plan Avian and exotic plan
- Discount for enrolling through the workplace
- Comprehensive plan options cover diverse needs with no lifetime maximums
- Freedom to use any veterinarian, worldwide
- Convenient payroll deduction option
- 10-day money-back guarantee
1 American Veterinary Medical Association U.S. Pet Ownership Demographics Sourcebook, 2012 Edition.
2 Groups must either have or add Accident, Auto and Home, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity or Legal Services coverage to offer Pet Insurance.
Insurance plans are offered and administered by Veterinary Pet Insurance Company in California and DVM Insurance Agency in all other states. Underwritten by Veterinary Pet Insurance Company (CA), Brea, CA, an A.M. Best A rated company (2012); National Casualty Company (all other states), Madison, WI, an A.M. Best A+ rated company (2012). ©2012 Veterinary Pet Insurance Company. These companies are not affiliated with Metropolitan Life Insurance Company or its affiliates.