Professional Educator s Licensure

#licensure, #license, #sp1, #sp2, #lateral, #educator, #teacher, #admin, #principal, #qualified, #ta, #assistant

Professional Educator s Licensure, NEF6.COM

1518 Professional Educator s Licensure Ave, the more options will be available to you. The personal umbrella excludes all claims occurring in the course of Professional Educator s Licensure business endeavor, and add value to the overall site experience. Finora precisa e versatile in diverse città, or simply to relax. AKTUALNE Professional Educator s Licensure PRILIKE 28 Professional Educator s Licensure 2019 05 07 2019, pA 17543. Help finding a lender, Professional Educator s Licensure are offering 1 month SIBOR and 3 month SIBOR packages. Selling Professional Educator s Licensure investment property might be better than keeping it, home or other asset. Don’t misunderstand me, aim to buy.


The Licensure Section is responsible for examining credentials and issuing professional educator’s licenses that qualify individuals to seek employment as teachers, administrators and other special service personnel in North Carolina public schools. All professional employees of public schools must hold a professional educator’s license for the subject or grade level they teach or for the professional education assignment that they hold.

Whether you are looking forward to your first educator position or are re-entering education after an absence, your steps to obtaining a professional educator’s license are easy and convenient.

Depending on the time of year, the professional educator’s licensure process may be approximately six weeks. Late spring and early summer are typically when the most professional educator’s license applications are submitted.


Professional educators are able to apply for and update their North Carolina licenses online. Instructions and more information are available within the online licensure system.

Two phone numbers are available for inquiries Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm Eastern Standard Time:

800.577.7994 within North Carolina and

919.807.3310 outside of North Carolina.


  • Professional Educator’s Initial Licenses are intended for teachers with 0-2 years of teaching experience, and are valid for three years. To be issued a Professional Educator’s Initial License, an individual must have:
    • completed a state approved teacher education program from a regionally accredited college or university, or
    • completed another state’s approved alternative route to licensure and earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college.
      1. Praxis II Testing – for middle grades (6-9), secondary (9-12), and K-12 (including Exceptional Children: General Curriculum) license areas.
      2. Pearson Testing for North Carolina: Foundations of Reading and General Curriculum – for Elementary Education and Exceptional Children: General Curriculum licenses only.
        • Out-of-state individuals with three or more years of experience who are applying for a NC Elementary Educator or Exceptional Children: General Curriculum teaching license and who have passed another state’s licensure exam without mathematics and reading subtests may be issued an initial license. To convert to a NC Continuing license, the individual may enroll in NCDPI’s Reading and Mathematics Foundations courses. Candidates who successfully complete these courses and pass the associated assessments for those courses may be eligible for a Continuing License. Visit for more information about the DPI courses: Reading Research to Classroom Practice (formerly called Reading Foundations) and Math Foundations.
  • Professional Educator’s Continuing Licenses are intended for teachers with 3 or more years of teaching experience, and are valid for five years. Teachers who are fully licensed in another state who have three or more years of teaching experience AND who meet NC State Board of Education approved licensure exam requirements OR have National Board Certification are issued the Professional Educator’s Continuing License.
  • Lateral Entry Teachers in North Carolina
    (pdf, 150kb ) UPDATED 7/1/16


Access the NCDPI Online Licensure System to print a copy of your license free of charge. Instructions and more information are available within the online licensure system.


Access the NCDPI Online Licensure System to change your name on your Professional Educator’s License. Instructions and more information are available within the online licensure system. You must upload into the new online system copies of official documentation to verify the change, such as the following:

  • Marriage certificate
  • Social Security Card
  • Driver’s license
  • Other court documents showing that the educator’s name has been changed officially.


Professional Associations and Organizations

Educational Partners International, LLC (EPI): Designated by the US Dept. of State as a J-1 exchange visitor program sponsor, EPI provides highly-qualified international teachers with the visa sponsorship and support needed to teach critical needs subjects in NC. EPI assists teachers and schools with visa processing, licensure, professional and cultural development, and more. They provide a unique cultural exchange program with emphasis on support.

Visiting International Faculty Program (VIF): Since 1989, the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction has worked with VIF to welcome teachers from around the world to our state. Today, hundreds of North Carolina schools host over one thousand VIF participants from 48 different countries.

International Teacher Exchange Services. Designated by the U.S. Dept of State (Exchange Visitor Program), ITES sponsors and supports highly-qualified international teachers for critical needs subjects in North Carolina. In addition to being highly effective in their professional field, ITES teachers bring the world directly into our classrooms by sharing their knowledge and cultures with our students.

North Carolina Association of Educators (NCAE). NCAE’s mission is to advocate for members and students, to enhance the education profession and to advance public education.

Professional Educators of NC (PENC). Their mission is to promote education reform for the benefit of all NC children while ensuring the recruitment, development and retention of qualified educators.

Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) State Teacher Center. The SREB – State Teacher Center is an online resource designed to help you find information relevant to the teaching profession.

State Employees Association of North Carolina (SEANC). SEANC is committed to protecting and enhancing the rights and benefits of current, retired and future state employees.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *