Renters Insurance Guards Home and Possessions
Leasing a house or apartment gives you flexibility that’s absent with home ownership. When something breaks, a quick call to your landlord often solves the problem. When life changes and you need to pick up and move, there’s no house to sell and you can move quickly, if need be.
And with an average investment of less than $20 a month, you can insure everything inside your home and protect yourself against lawsuit in case someone gets injured while visiting
Protecting What’s Yours
Rental insurance is an inexpensive way to ensure the possessions you accumulate can be repaired or replaced if the unforeseen happens. The standard policy of this type covers big-ticket items like electronics, furniture and, often, appliances, as well as less expensive home contents, like clothing.
Most renters can acquire thousands of dollars worth of property and liability insurance at minimal cost. Yet fewer than half are insured, either because they underestimate the value of their personal possessions or wrongly assume their landlord’s insurance plan covers their things.
Anyone who’s ever experienced a home fire, smoke damage, lightning strike, vandalism or theft, explosion or windstorm knows how those kinds of events can damage a home and drain your family’s budget to say nothing of what a liability lawsuit can do. But with affordable protection in place, occurrences like these don’t have to become major life events or turn into huge financial losses.
As we’ve related, the cost of insuring your rental is minimal to start with. But with most of your money spoken for these days, we’ve provided these tips to help you get the most out of the policy you purchase:
- Shop around, comparing policies and rates for the best coverage. We recommend using a free service like ours that offers connections with local insurance agents and multiple free insurance quotes.
- Consider a higher-than-average deductible. This is the amount you pay on your own before your insurer begins paying on your behalf. Simply increasing your deductible from $250 to $500 can save you upwards of 15 percent.
- Ask your agent about discounts. Items like alarm systems, smoke detectors, deadbolt locks and storm shutters often shave additional expense from premiums.
- Insure your house or apartment with the same company you insure your car. You’ll snag additional cash you can use elsewhere.
- Don’t smoke. Lighting up at home puts you and everything you own at risk.
If you’re a renter living in an apartment, condo or house, you need specialized protection for the things you own. So use our network of agents today to shop your insurance rates and guarantee yourself the coverage you need. It’s quick, convenient and always free!
“Great products and wonderful staff. Keep it up. I have already referred over 5 people to your site.”
“Your service surpassed my expectations. It was great to have companies competing for my business. My rates were cut by half the amount I was originally paying.”
“The response was prompt and helpful. agent answered various questions and provided quotes with options asked for.”
Each month, InsureMe connects over 300,000 people just like you with local agents and national carriers to help save money on insurance.
Whether you are one of the over 2.5 million people who shopped for auto insurance using our portal last year, or one of our 10 customers from Talkeetna, Alaska, you can receive customized quotes with one simple form. It’s insurance shopping made easy.
To get the best coverage at the best price, request your free quotes now. We have thousands of insurance providers across the nation standing by to help.
Here’s how the process works:
- Complete one online form. This usually takes from 2 to 10 minutes and is required to ensure the most accurate quotes.
- Get instantly matched with insurance and health discount providers in your area. Factors that affect which insurance providers you’re matched to include the type of insurance desired, your location and, if applicable, your current insurance carrier.
- See who you’ve been matched to. We’ll display a list of agents or companies and their contact information for your convenience.
- Take advantage of multiple agents and insurance companies competing for your business. When comparing offerings, don’t forget to consider claims and billing features, along with additional items like roadside assistance and 24/7 customer support.
- Get a great deal and save money on insurance!